One could be spoilt for riflescope choices because of the wide range of available rifle scopes. Considering how much magnification you need for your firearm is important because rifle scopes have varying magnifications.
While a higher magnification is the ideal choice, purchasing a higher magnification isn’t necessary if the rifle it would be used with doesn’t require high magnifications.
The optics market is large, every firearm has a specific scope and optic designed for it. A $1000 is a lot to invest but certainly not the highest price available.
The best rifle scopes under a thousand dollars would offer superior optic quality and work perfectly.
Top-Rated Rifle Scopes Under $1000 in 2019
|1||Trijicon TR23 AccuPoint 5-20x50mm Riflescope with...||50 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|2||Vortex Optics Viper HS LR 6-24x50 First Focal...||100 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|3||Athlon Optics , Ares BTR , Riflescope , 4.5-27 x...||11 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|4||Sightron SIII SS 10-50x60mm Long Range Rifle...||8 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|5||Bushnell Elite Tactical G2DMR FFP Reticle...||57 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|6||Vortex Viper Pst 6-24x50 Ffp Riflescope W/ Ebr-1...||644 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|7||ATN X-Sight 4K Pro Smart Day/Night Rifle Scope...||361 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|8||Zeiss Carl Optical Conquest HD5 3-15x42 20 Plex...||4 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|9||Burris Optics XTR II Rifle Scope 201080, 201081 -...||33 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
|10||EOTECH Vudu 1-6x24mm Precision Rifle Scope||5 Reviews||Check Latest Price|
Review of The Best Rifle Scope Under $1000
Check out a few of the very best riflescopes under $1000.
1. Trijicon TR23 AccuPoint 5-20×50 Riflescope.
Trijicon AccuPoint scopes are designed for mid-ranged hunting and the Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20×50 riflescope is a rather exotic brand with a traditional design.
The knobs are placed on the elevated shoulder, creating an overall beautiful scope shape that allows users to mount rings as there are more than a handful of tube areas. With an average weight size, the Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20×50 weight a bit, well-built and made to be durable.
This scope also has an anodized coating that prevents reflection and allows the riflescope’s body stay non-corrosive for a very long time. This non-reflective feature makes it impossible for sunlight to bounce off the rifle and alert possible prey while being used.
The Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20×50 riflescope possesses a crystal-clear scope glass that present images with absolute clarity, images appear brightly. Making the process of spotting preys stress-free and accurate even across long distances and with dim lights.
When compared with leading scopes made by Nikon, Leupold and Nightforce in terms of brightness and image clarity. This riflescope matches up and offers a little extra with its unique illumination system, this system allows for illumination via reticle dot at the centre, as well as fibre and tritium illumination.
- It is designed with advanced fiber-optics, tritium aiming-point. And an illumination speed that aids target acquisition. The shooting availability lasts for hours.
- It offers a dual-illumination system that automatically adjusts the brightness of aiming-point to accommodate present lighting conditions.
- The Trijicon AccuPoint 5-20×50’s manual brightness permits users to conveniently adjust the reticle based on personal preferences. There are three available reticle choices namely the standard duplex crosshair, and the mildot crosshair. The triangle post reticle that works just like the ACOG sights, all available in green and amber illumination. The post reticle features a red illumination as well.
- The Trijicon AccuPoint is made to adapt to various environmental conditions with an adjustable 5-20x magnification, users can target objects as much as 1,000 yards away.
- The AccuPoint was designed with a 6016-T6 aluminium housing feature, a non-glare hard coat anodized finish made to prevents light reflection and protects against surface issues. A sure resistance against corrosion, rust and weather.
- The long eye-relief of this riflescope allows users to mount the scope far away from the shooter’s eye, protecting against the force of recoil from powerful rifles and likely injury and mishap when in use.
- While the Trijicon is of very high quality and standard, this riflescope doesn’t come cheap at all, the average price is set between $700 and $800.
- The Trijicon AccuPoint is beguiled by adjustment limitations due to the elevation and windage adjustments and could potentially cause problems for the shooters.
- While the Trijicon offers an enviable body coating. The riflescope’s body doesn’t come fixed in one piece, it isn’t made out of a singular aluminium block.
2. The Vortex Optics Viper HS LR 6-24×50 FFP Riflescope.
The Vortex Optics Viper HS LR riflescope is often a preferred choice for many hunters and shooters. It averages at around $600 but has remained a top choice based on its extreme range.
Anyone interested in extending their shooting range from the craziest distances. Considering the impact of wind drift and bullet drop, then the Vortex Optics Viper HS LR 6-24×50 is your best bet, from the name.
The LR is short for long range and this riflescope lives up to every standard with an exposed target-style elevation turret that was designed for extended range dialling elevation.
A capped windage turret that supports the sleek structure of the riflescope, guarding against the scope attaching to pack scabbards, rifle case and clothing.
Another big specification for the Vortex Optics Viper HS LR 6-24×50 is the advanced optical system that features a 4x zoom range and dynamic magnification.
There is also the forgiving eye box and increased eye relief designed to ensure speed and ease when shooting. The riflescope was built on a one-piece, hard anodized (offering structural durability) aluminium tube of ultra-strong 30mm width that increases elevation travel, windage and easy optimal adjustment.
- The Viper HS LR 6-24×50 (designed for hunting and shooting long range as the name implies) riflescope is a best fit extended shooting ranges. As well as for compensating for bullet drop and wind drift.
- The Vortex Optics LR 6-24×50 was designed with an XLR Reticle (a hash-marked MOA-based long-range reticle. That is a great choice for long-range shooting. It also has 1 MOA wind reference and wind drift dots sub-tensions.
- The Vortex 6-24×50 operates an advanced optical system of sharp clear images from each end with the XD glass, the XR multi-coated lenses that allow users to make use of the riflescope at whatever time of the day and a 4x zoom range.
- The Viper HS LR 6-24×50 offers an impressive target-style elevation turret which makes it possible to have dialing elevation at extreme ranges. And a CRS Zero Stop, this stop is designed to allow shooters revert back to referencing zero irrespective of current turret revolution.
- With the extra hard Amortek coating, the Vortex Optics Viper is scratch resistant with a safe protection for exterior lenses. The argon purging protects against fog and water, enhancing performance levels while the hard-anodized matte black finish offers durability and style.
- For all its impressive design and style, Viper HS-LR series riflescopes lack reticle illumination making them inefficient for night-time shooting or use in dimly lighted places. The thin reticle crosses are definitely a big blow to this big machine.
3. Athlon Optics Ares BTR 4.5-27×50 FFP APLR3 IR MOA Illuminated Riflescope.
The Athlon Optics Ares BTR 4.5-27×50 FFP APLR3 IR MOA Illuminated Riflescope offers top-tier features at a reasonable cost. The riflescope sets a different standard with its HD Glass, advanced multi-coated optics that allow for brighter images and shooting at long range. This riflescope comes in a 30mm one-piece tube made from aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminium that is suitable for use anytime, any day. The zero-stop featured riflescope is offered at an average of $800, simply unbelievable.
Some of its features include HD glass that offers the shooter better light transmission and clearer images. An illuminated Reticle that provides greater visibility in dimly lighted environments, a First Focal Plane (FFP) Reticle that supports usage of the quick target reticles.
Low power usage and positioning precision and the etched glass reticle that offers the shooter excellent backing support, recoil shock resistance and durability. Its fully multi-coated optics help to reduce light reflection.
The XPL coating giving the much-needed exterior lens protection during use. We can’t fail to mention the precise Zero Stop System and the high-precision erector system. The Ares BTR 4.5-27×50 FFP APLR3 IR MOA Illuminated Riflescope is definitely worth every dollar spent.
- The first focal plane reticle of the Ares BTR 4.5-27×50 FFP APLR3 IR MOA Illuminated riflescope remain operative irrespective of the power setting when in use. Making possible to fully engage the impressive reticles, the reticles shrink or expand with the target while zooming in and out.
- The HD glass are unlike any other as they offer the shooter perfect contrast, clear images and efficient light transmission.
- With a precision zero Stop System, the shooter is able to lock down a zero position and very easily dial back to the previous position by following the operating system even in pitch darkness.
- The multicoated optics are perfectly designed to reduce light reflection while increasing light transmission. Unlike single coated lenses, they offer better and sharper images.
- The high precision erector system is designed to operate in such a manner than accurate power settings. And fluid magnification adjustments are made easy with the high precision CNC machine and a +/- 0.0001mm tolerance level.
- It is virtually impossible to list out any problems associated with the use of the Ares BTR 4.5-27×50 FFP APLR3 IR MOA Illuminated riflescope as the manufacturers seem to have covered all the bases of riflescope functioning. Previous users also have no complaints with the use of this riflescope.
4. Sightron SIII SS 10-50×60 mm LR Rifle Scope.
The Sightron SIII SS 10-50x60mm riflescope is for strict outdoor use. If you value performance and reliability then the S3 SS10-50×60 riflescope designed by Sightron is just for you.
This riflescope is a beautifully crafted 30mm aircraft aluminium grade one-piece main-tube scope that provides the shooter with maximum rigidity. And quality crafted for every kind of weather because it is waterproof, offers an internal fog protection system from nitrogen fillings throughout its lifetime. And a unique European style fast focus eyeball design.
This eyeball design makes it possible for the user to focus on targets in split seconds with an adjustable knob.
The riflescope has the characteristic Sightron touch, the ExacTrack windage and elevation adjustment system providing perfect and precise performance.
The ExacTrack windage is large-sizes target knobs with 1/8 inch adjustment models re-settable to zero and protected by large and heavy elevation caps, as well as windage. The riflescope also features a side Parallax focus that makes it easy to use.
The ZACT-7 multi-coating done with precision ground glass which creates room for superior light transmission and resolution. Of course, the manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.
- A Lifetime warranty offer is availabe.
- ExacTrack Windage that is protected by heavy and large windage and elevation caps.
- Designed as a 30mm aircraft aluminium grade one-piece main-tube scope that provides the shooter with maximum rigidity and quality.
- The ZACT-7 multi-layer coating (a total of seven layers), providing light transmission and resolution that is second to none.
- The Sightron SIII riflescope is designed for long-range shooting and favours an outdoor environment.
- According to one review by a user, the clear glass feature ranges between 10x to 50x but at 50x darkens a bit, diming the images.
5. Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated G2DMR 6-24×50-mm FFP Reticle Riflescope.
The Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated Riflescope is perhaps of the finest riflescope series available worldwide. It is best suited for long range shooting and precise target delivery.
The Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated G2DMR FFP Reticle Riflescope (6-24×50-mm ) is one of four of the Mil-based reticles riflescope. That offers superior visibility and accuracy, all across available magnification ranges.
The Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24x50mm Riflescope is said to possess the highest magnification range of all four riflescopes.
It is specifically designed for mid-range and long-range tactical shooting with really high light transmission rates, the highest so far. Fully multi-coated optics and a 50mm objective lens that gathers light. This riflescope has RainGuard HD lens coatings that help protect against moisture.
As well as a 2-inch sunshade that ensures crystal-clear views, high-resolution imaging on a maximum 24x magnification. The riflescope is built on a single ultra-durable piece tube, 30mm in diameter that fits nicely into a number of riflescopes rings.
With a black finish that camouflages efficiently and prevents light bouncing off and alerting the prey. All Bushnell Elite riflescopes have adjustable side parallax knob designed to enhance shot accuracy even from long ranges.
- The Bushnell is a high-power riflescope that is designed for elite shooters and adaptable to any environment.
- This is dynamic riflescope that offers the average shooter extreme levels of accuracy.
- It is designed with a wide magnification range (typically from 6x to 24x).
- This riflescope is suitable for medium range and long-range shooting.
- This is one of the few riflescopes with RainGuard HD lens coatings.
- The matte black finish is specially designed to prevent light reflection and serves as a great camouflage.
- The Bushnell Elite Tactical Illuminated Riflescope (6-24×50-mm) wasn’t designed with a zero stop. Making it difficult for inexperienced shooters to operate as they run the risk of getting carried away and confused while handling the knob.
- The Bushnell Elite is one of the most expensive on the list. On average, it costs a little over $900.
6. Vortex Viper Pst 6-24×50 Ffp Riflescope W/ Ebr-1 Moa Reticle.
The Viper PST (Precision Shooting Tactical) riflescope can be described as a top tier calibre riflescope. That is amazingly cheap considering its features and functions.
This riflescope is designed with matching turret measurements and reticle that make shooting more accurate, super-fast and precise.
The Vortex Viper PST 6-24×50 FFP Riflescope is designed on a one-piece 30mm single tube and a solid block of aircraft-grade 6061-T6 aluminium that allows for a generous amount of windage and elevation adjustment. This is truly a forward-thinking engineered modern age riflescope.
The Viper PST series has surely been designed to offer high-grade performance features for tactical shooters at an affordable price.
- Living up to its name, this riflescope is designed with superior quality glass lens, reticle components and the very best internal mechanism systems.
- This riflescope is a great low light optics scope because of the design of its FFP and the illuminated reticle mechanism. That allows it to be switched on and off at will and with a single click of adjustment knob, aiming is precise all through the day as a result.
- The Vortex Viper PST 6-24×50 FFP Riflescope with EBR-1 MOA Reticle riflescope also has a parallax side focus.
- The Vortex Viper Riflescope has very flexible illumination ranges that is easily controlled with the control knob.
- The Vortex was designed with high-quality glass coating and a single-piece tube of aluminum, the best grade available.
- The cost of the riflescope is on the higher end of the spectrum.
- Owing to its rather advanced technology and design, the Vortex Viper PST 6-24×50 Riflescope isn’t a friendly choice for beginners, its adjustment controls are rather complicated and advanced.
What to Look for Before Buying Riflescope Under $1000
Given the number of available options, a little guide and help for making the right choice of riflescope with your $1000 or less would do you a wealth of good. As we mentioned earlier, it isn’t so much about getting a great riflescope alone but getting one that suits your rifle.
Magnifications values usually take into consideration how much bigger the target looks from the riflescope. A higher magnification means a larger view of the target but this doesn’t come with backends as a riflescope with higher magnification requires the shooter to mount lenses higher when shooting. Therefore, consider the kind of target and the environment where the firearm would be used when making this decision.
A firearms strength lies often in its adaptability potential as the shooting environment matters a great deal. The environment affects the use of the riflescope as well as maintenance and storage, consider buying a riflescope with the efficient structural framework.
There is a host of reticle type that different riflescope possesses and are generally defined by the use of the rifle, simple and efficient is the way to go when making a choice about riflescope reticle. Some of the most basic types include mildot, duplex, Bullet Drop Compensator reticles. All of which are great choices used in all riflescope listed above.
The Objective Lens Size
The objective lens is responsible for transmitting light and hence, image focus, a large objective lens means you get more light, bright and clear images. Typically, riflescopes with large objective lenses have high magnification ranges because with high magnifications comes a need for larger objective lenses.
A thousand dollars is a lot of money to set aside for buying a rifle scope, hence the need to make the right choice, making a choice of the right firearm scope should be determined by the specific purpose and needs.
Whether you need a firearm for hunting, target shooting or self-defense, the first step is to recognize what you actually need a scope for and then make choices based on this premise, a failure to do this would result in situations where one buys a great riflescope for the wrong rifle, this list definitely features the best riflescopes under $1000.